Image Map

August 17, 2011

Skin Care Routine + Proper Diet for Better Skin(and Body)

Hello~ there :)
So this post is about SKIN!
__________________________________________________________________________________

First up is my skin care routine.

Let me tell you something first, it is super simple... Like, most of you probably do this too LOL

So here are the facts about my skin: 
- I can scar easily T^T
- I have normal to dry skin
- It is only seldom that I get pimples/zits/acne/whatever-you-call-it (unless I ate a whole bag of chips by myself and all that jazz of spicy ramen) and I will explain WHY
- I am not white nor tanned, I have... a normal Asian color LOL a.k.a. yellow undertone/"golden" (I would love to be more white though, as I prefer myself with a lighter skin tone. So I love bright lighting for picture purposes :D)
- I can tan without burning. In fact, I never got a sunburn in my life. I used to get tanned easily but as I grew up, I think my skin just did something to itself... O.o

Every morning when I wash my face. 

1. I use a cleanser.
From The Face Shop, Brand - NOPS
I have been using this cleanser for about a year now. And I can say that it smells yummy :F it has a legit strawberry yogurt/bubble gum smell to it! It claims to brighten your skin too, and I think it works since I did not tan yet. I do not get acne really, so I cannot say how well this product works in that area. I do feel that it washes your skin fairly well though.

2. I apply moisturizer.
Khiel's Ultra Facial Cream
I can say that this lives up to its name. The only time my skin really feels dry is after washing my face so when I use this moisturizer it really hydrates for 24 hours and I can feel that it works.

OR

I apply Bio Oil. Because like I said, my skin can scar quite easily. Plus, the bio oil makes BB cream application sooooo much more easier and smoother! And it smells good!

3. Apply makeup if I am going to wear any :P

Every night I...

1. Wash my face with the same cleanser OR use St. Ives Apricot Scrub
St. Ives Apricot Scrub
Because sometimes I gotta feel the sand texture in the cleanser to really believe that my face is being cleaned! Plus, scrubs clean your pores, exfoliates and helps with blackheads and acne.

2. Toner
Also from Khiel's, Ultra facial Toner
Toner helps to remove any residues left over after washing your face(ex. facial soap that hasn't been rinsed off, dirt trapped in pores etc.). And toner also helps to even out your skin tone. It also adds a fresh sensation to your skin as well.
I don't tone every single day though, sometimes I don't... or forget to :P

3. Moisturizer OR bio oil

Weekly

1. I use a facial mask.
Blooming of Beauty - Lily

Okay, I just started doing this weekly because recently, my mom and I found a new brand at T&T and decided to try it out(because it was cheap harhar). And turns out, that it works really well! It helps your complexion improve and moisturizes too. I think it is supposed to whiten or brighten but I don't really know about that.

2. Exfoliate. This already is done with the apricot scrub though. Before I used another product from The Face Shop to help do this.

So that's all there is! I don't think it's a lot since there's only three steps each morning and night ^^

And for the final picture... A bare-faced me!
mmm... not too pretty >.> LOL but that is my skin with no make up
Sorry for the picture not being as clear as I hoped it would be, but overall, you can tell how my skin looks, right? If not, I will try to post one that is more clear(so you can see all my flaws!!!! D:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyhow, I mentioned that I rarely get acne correct?
I think genetics has a bit to do with this but...
There isn't a secret. Because the method is by healthy eating and lifestyle.


Or in other words... A PROPER DIET!

Yeap, so eat your fruits and veggies, drink your water and exercise!

  • Common knowledge is to drink 2L of water each day. 
  • Eat 2-3 servings of fruit
  • Consume 3-4 servings of vegetables
So what is/how big is a serving? One handful.

Grab some fruit and veggies for a snack, they help curb your hunger. Meaning no binge eating! Eat 5 times a day, having 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day. This helps to keep your metabolism running, so that your body is constantly using up energy to break down the food particles. This way you are constantly burning calories.

  • At every meal, have some protein. It is necessary for your body to keep and repair it's muscles. Muscles help keep you looking thin and lean, firm and strong. Without muscle you'd be flabby and unattractive.

Muscles do weigh more than fat BUT burn more calories than fat. So DON'T be obsessed with weight. I understand that this is hard to do because even sometimes now, I can pay more attention to the numbers. However, obsession over weight will lead you to a bottomless pit, especially if you aim for a goal that you cannot achieve for yourself. So, BE BALANCED.

Each day, plan out your meals and be conscious of the amount of calories you take in per day. Take into consideration your height, weight, and activity level. The required amount of calories each day is 1200 so plan carefully and make sure not to not eat too little or exceed the amount that YOUR BODY NEEDS.

  • Eat before and after a workout! You just exhausted your body of energy and it must be replenished. But as always, make the right choices. Avoid junk filled with sugars, carbs, fats and salts!

Remember that a DIET is not something you do for a short period of time. It is something you keep for the rest of your life. Do things properly so you won't have the "yo-yo effect" of weight loss/gain, better to reach your goal slowly but keep it than to screw up your body because of being hasty.

Be balanced, patient, active and do your research!

4 comments:

  1. Wooow your skin is perfect @_@ thanks for making this post, it's pretty helpful and informative :)

    The most important thing is drinking water. I drink LOTS of water for that reason, lol ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I all the time used to study article in news papers but now as I am a user of internet thus from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.


    Visit my web-site - Saffron Extract Diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anyplace,
    when i read this article i thought i could also create comment due to this brilliant paragraph.


    Also visit my weblog: http://trimextrindiet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
    It's on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Great choice of colors!

    Here is my webpage; Buy Trimextrin

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis